My husband is divorcing me can i deny the divorce so he can't divorce me

Asked almost 2 years ago - Middletown, CT

Can you help and answer my question

1. George W Boath JR

Answered . Unfortunately, you can prevent the divorce. With the advent of "no fault" divorce, all your husband has to prove, essentially, is that the marriage has broken down irretrievably and there is no hope of reconciliation. That can be proven with just his testimony. I am sorry I don't have better news. Best of luck.

2. Max L Rosenberg

Pro

Answered . I am an attorney licensed to practice in Connecticut and New York. My offices are located in Stratford approximately 35 to 45 minutes from Middletown. I am very sorry. There is really no way to stop the divorce in this state if he really wants it. What you should be concerned with is managing the divorce and possibly considering divorce mediation. In my experience many of my clients that I have mediated with have been able to resolve many differences and heal the marriage. Perhaps there is still hope. Feel free to contact me for further information.