MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY IN REMOVAL PROCEEDING WHAT ARE THE CHANCES HE WILL BE GRANTED RESIDENCY OR A VISA?

Clementon, NJ |

HE IS FROM EL SALVADOR AND I AM A US CITIZEN. WE HAVE ALREADY FILED AN I-130

HE DID ENTER THE COUNTRY ILLEGALLY. WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR HIS IMMIGRATION COURT HEARING FOR OVER A YEAR. HIS WAS ARRESTED FOR DOMESTIC DISTUBANCE BUT THE CASE WAS THROWN OUT. HE HAS LIVED IN THE US YEARS.

If he entered the US lawfully, he can apply for adjustment of status. If not, more facts are needed in order to answer you question.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Unless he has a deportable criminal history or a permanent bar, he should have success canceling the removal proceedings. Please see an immigration attorney for. More thorough review of the facts.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

It depends. More facts are needed. Was he inspected before entering the USA? What offense has he committed? When did the two of you get married? Was he already in proceedings?

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

He entered unlawfully 7 years ago. The offense was domestic disturbance that was dismissed/throw out by the court, so he has no criminal record. We didn't get married until August of 2012, he was arrested January 2012

What are the charges of removability?? What's does the NTA say?

VOSBIKIAN & VOSBIKIAN, L.L.C. (856) 755-1400, e-mail: ssvosbikian@voslaw.com - Offices in Atlantic City, Cherry Hill, Newark, and Trenton, NJ. Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please visit and share this site: www.voslaw.com

Much more information is necessary. Given the importance of this process, it's time to hire a lawyer. Now. If you already have one, you need to speak with him/her to discuss.