My husband is committing adultery and he beats me to go see a young girl apparently he has had kids with her can he be charged

Asked 12 months ago - Pontiac, MI

i have proof that hes had two children with this young girl and i have filed domestic charges but they let him free can he be charged with adultery

1. J. Matthew Catchick Jr.

Pro

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . Technically, adultery is illegal in Michigan, but in the vast majority of cases, the local prosecutor is not willing to expend precious resources to prosecute that particular crime. I would humbly suggest you focus your efforts on being safe, and ensuring that you ASAP call the police if he ever hurts you in the future. Please be cautious and IMMEDIATELY call the cops if he ever tries to hurt you again. All my best, Matt Catchick.

2. David B. Carter Jr.

Pro

3

1

Answered . There is not a prosecutor in Michigan that will charge adultery. If he ever hits or hurts yo again call the police and do not agree to drop the charges. You should call an attorney to discuss your options regarding your marriage.

3. Paula Brown Sinclair

4

1

Answered . Most respectfully, you need to focus on your own safety and future, and make a decision you can live with about your marriage. Whether you stay or go, criminal prosecution for his adultery will not be part of the picture, nor will it likely make a difference in your divorce.

Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designate a best answer..

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.