My husband is charged w/CDV /ABHAN because of our laws the state took the case over and i really don't have a say in it

Summerville, SC |

we have had our physical altercations before but no where near what he did to me this time the officer did take photo's which i know will not help out i am not sure if i want him out of the house so the judge gave him a $25000.00 P.R. bond and he came home with me i DO NOT WANT HIM TO GO TO JAIL especially with a felony charge i don't know where to go from here

Consult with a criminal defense attorney, do not put any more details on a public forum like this.

okay we barely make it week to week is a PDA abad idea

Bobby G Frederick

Bobby G Frederick

If you cannot afford an attorney, the public defender's office will help you, and there are some very good public defenders in your area.

thank you one more question since he is being charged with a felony does he have to pay the fee to apply for a PDA

Bobby G Frederick

Bobby G Frederick

Yes. The fee is only $40.

thank you for your assistance and not judging me for the situation there are a lot of people who stereo-type including myself but it is different on the other foot

is the detail of what i put on this question be used against him

Bobby G Frederick

Bobby G Frederick

Probably not. It's a good idea to not put details of cases on a public forum, though.

thank you so very very much

i am not sure you remember me but i have a question but i don't want to mess up like i did last time by putting too much info can you help me

He needs an attorney as soon as possible. Many circuits have a no drop policy, which is what I assume you mean by "the state took over the case". Also, I agree that you should not be putting this much detail into your question.

thank you i appreciate it is the stuff i put on here something the solicitor and them use against him

I get this question alot and I have 2 pending cases right now for this very same thing. In South Carolina when a person is charged with a CDV, they are charged on behalf of the state, not the individual. This is why the charge reads The State of South Carolina vs "the defendant"- In this case it is important that you hire a lawyer. If you should have additional questions or need answers to have the CDV can affect you and what to do next, please call our office at or see the link to our website.

State, local, and municipal law topics