My husband is breaking his visitation rights. He is supposed to pick up my son and drop him off. But he doesnt follow the rules.

Asked about 1 year ago - Bothell, WA

My husband thinks that i am supposed to pick him up. Instead of him. Sometimes he is late dropping him off, as late as 2 hours. Please contact me at my home phone 425 341 1126 or my cell phone number 425 218 1116. Thank You for you time.

Monica B.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. John Groseclose


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You could implement the dispute resolution section of your parenting plan. Section 5. You could move for an order of contempt. It sounds like a temporary order - if so, you could make a motion to tweak the temporary visitation order. Those are a number of options.

  2. Bruce Clement


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . You should schedule a free 1/2 hour consultation with an experienced family law attorney. If your husband is not following a parenting plan, he may be in contempt of court. It’s always best to consult with a good family law attorney to discuss the details before you act. See my AVVO Legal Guides on parenting plans and contempt motions for more information about the legal issues raised by your inquiry. Please keep in mind that although these Legal Guides are often informative, they are no substitute for legal advice from an attorney you have retained for consultation or representation. There are always exceptions to the general rules. Click on my photo. On my AVVO home page click on "Contributor Level - View Contributions" or scroll down further and click on "Contribution - Legal Guides." Scroll down the list of my 29 Legal Guides and select the topics relevant to your question. If you like my answer and Legal Guides, please make sure you mark them as “helpful” or “best answer”.

    This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you... more
  3. Dave Hawkins


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If there is a PP in place and he is in breach, you need to act by filing a motion for contempt of court.

    Please note that THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and are for informational purposes only. This... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,169 answers this week

2,616 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,169 answers this week

2,616 attorneys answering