My husband is breaking his visitation rights. He is supposed to pick up my son and drop him off. But he doesnt follow the rules.

Bothell, WA |

My husband thinks that i am supposed to pick him up. Instead of him. Sometimes he is late dropping him off, as late as 2 hours. Please contact me at my home phone 425 341 1126 or my cell phone number 425 218 1116. Thank You for you time.

Monica B.

1. You could implement the dispute resolution section of your parenting plan. Section 5. You could move for an order of contempt. It sounds like a temporary order - if so, you could make a motion to tweak the temporary visitation order. Those are a number of options.

2. If there is a PP in place and he is in breach, you need to act by filing a motion for contempt of court.

Please note that THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and are for informational purposes only. This response is not intended to create any attorney-client relationship and is only based on the limited facts given. The response might change should additional facts be learned and should not be relied on as legal advice. It is recommended that you consult with an attorney who can properly assess the situation, as well as all pertinent facts, prior to taking any action based on the foregoing statements

3. You should schedule a free 1/2 hour consultation with an experienced family law attorney. If your husband is not following a parenting plan, he may be in contempt of court. It’s always best to consult with a good family law attorney to discuss the details before you act. See my AVVO Legal Guides on parenting plans and contempt motions for more information about the legal issues raised by your inquiry. Please keep in mind that although these Legal Guides are often informative, they are no substitute for legal advice from an attorney you have retained for consultation or representation. There are always exceptions to the general rules. Click on my photo. On my AVVO home page click on "Contributor Level - View Contributions" or scroll down further and click on "Contribution - Legal Guides." Scroll down the list of my 29 Legal Guides and select the topics relevant to your question. If you like my answer and Legal Guides, please make sure you mark them as “helpful” or “best answer”.

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this Answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes

Child custody topics