My husband is an illegal immigrant who came to the US EWI in 2004. We are almost finished with the process of filing for his

Asked over 3 years ago - Orlando, FL

papers. We have been married for 3 years this year and have 2 sons ages 4 and 2. I have heard recently that an appt in Juarez doesnt always mean the person will receive the visa. I am very weary of letting him go there but then again we cannot keep living in fear of one day him getting caught. So my question is what should I do?? Take our chances in Juarez or keep living in the shadows?

1. Patrice Dayale Dziire

Pro

2

Best Answer

Answered . That is going to be a question that only you and your husband can answer. However, more and more people are growing disenchanted with the lack of options and slow pace of US immigration reform. So, you are not alone. Your husband will need a waiver of inadmissibility and it is highly advisable to consult an immigration attorney for this process. Approval rates for attorney prepared waivers in Juarez are mugh higher than pro se applications.

Best wishes,
    Patrice Dziire
    Attorney at Law
    Winter Park, Florida

pdziire@gmail.com
    312-622-0683

2. Jeffrey Adam Devore

1

1

Answered . At the very least it appears that your husband will trigger to a 10 year bar to inadmissibility because of his unlawful presence in the United States. You are correct to be very leery of letting him travel abroad. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney to learn more about this and what to expect. It’s much better to address this problem in advance and not after the fact.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Only you can answer your question.