My husband is an illegal immigrant who came to the US EWI in 2004. We are almost finished with the process of filing for his

Asked over 3 years ago - Orlando, FL

papers. We have been married for 3 years this year and have 2 sons ages 4 and 2. I have heard recently that an appt in Juarez doesnt always mean the person will receive the visa. I am very weary of letting him go there but then again we cannot keep living in fear of one day him getting caught. So my question is what should I do?? Take our chances in Juarez or keep living in the shadows?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Patrice Dayale Dziire


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . That is going to be a question that only you and your husband can answer. However, more and more people are growing disenchanted with the lack of options and slow pace of US immigration reform. So, you are not alone. Your husband will need a waiver of inadmissibility and it is highly advisable to consult an immigration attorney for this process. Approval rates for attorney prepared waivers in Juarez are mugh higher than pro se applications.

    Best wishes,
    Patrice Dziire
    Attorney at Law
    Winter Park, Florida

  2. Jeffrey Adam Devore

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . At the very least it appears that your husband will trigger to a 10 year bar to inadmissibility because of his unlawful presence in the United States. You are correct to be very leery of letting him travel abroad. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney to learn more about this and what to expect. It’s much better to address this problem in advance and not after the fact.

    While written by an attorney who is a Florida Bar Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law, the... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Only you can answer your question.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

20,991 answers this week

2,685 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

20,991 answers this week

2,685 attorneys answering