My husband is an illegal immigrant who came to the US EWI in 2004. We are almost finished with the process of filing for his

Orlando, FL |
Filed under: Spousal immigration

papers. We have been married for 3 years this year and have 2 sons ages 4 and 2. I have heard recently that an appt in Juarez doesnt always mean the person will receive the visa. I am very weary of letting him go there but then again we cannot keep living in fear of one day him getting caught. So my question is what should I do?? Take our chances in Juarez or keep living in the shadows?

That is going to be a question that only you and your husband can answer. However, more and more people are growing disenchanted with the lack of options and slow pace of US immigration reform. So, you are not alone. Your husband will need a waiver of inadmissibility and it is highly advisable to consult an immigration attorney for this process. Approval rates for attorney prepared waivers in Juarez are mugh higher than pro se applications.

Best wishes,
    Patrice Dziire
    Attorney at Law
    Winter Park, Florida

pdziire@gmail.com
    312-622-0683

2. At the very least it appears that your husband will trigger to a 10 year bar to inadmissibility because of his unlawful presence in the United States. You are correct to be very leery of letting him travel abroad. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney to learn more about this and what to expect. It’s much better to address this problem in advance and not after the fact.

While written by an attorney who is a Florida Bar Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law, the statements herein should not be construed as legal advice. No attorney/client relationship has been created without a formal consultation with the attorney and the attorney has agreed to accept your case.

3. Only you can answer your question.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.