My husband is abt to file for me, he lost his passport so we are using his social security. However he is a full time student.

Far Rockaway, NY |
Filed under: Social security

he doesnt work...is okay if my aunt claims that she supports me? would this be an issue? also what supporting documents are we supposed to send with the forms? Thank you in advance

#immigration #greencard #passport #filling #citizenship

1. This question is more appropriate for immigration attorneys. Social Security attorneys generally specialize in Social Security Disability questions and some related SS pension issues. Best of luck to you.

2. Your husband is the petitioner so he must complete an affidavit of support (he can list that he is a student). However, you can get a co-sponsor to help him sponsor you financially.

Please consult an immigration attorney. This does not constitute legal advice.

3. passport is not the only document to prove one's citizenship, if your husband was born in the U.S., his birth certificate would do.
    In terms of financial support issue, you may have someone else to be the joint sponsor. Consult with an immigration attorney.

Tel. 617.221.3030 (lawyer of Worcester, Quincy of Massachusetts and New York) www.severowang.com If you find the attorneys' answers are helpful, please thank the attorneys by marking their answers "helpful" or "best answers" so that they can get their credit from AVVO. The attorneys donate their time on AVVO to answer legal questions for free merely contribute their legal advice and do not create any legal representation relationships.

Social security topics