My husband is abt to file for me, he lost his passport so we are using his social security. However he is a full time student.

Asked 11 months ago - Far Rockaway, NY

he doesnt work...is okay if my aunt claims that she supports me? would this be an issue? also what supporting documents are we supposed to send with the forms? Thank you in advance

#immigration #greencard #passport #filling #citizenship

1. Dawn Chere Sequeira

2

Answered . Your husband is the petitioner so he must complete an affidavit of support (he can list that he is a student). However, you can get a co-sponsor to help him sponsor you financially.

Please consult an immigration attorney. This does not constitute legal advice.
  2. Jennifer Wang

1

1

Answered . passport is not the only document to prove one's citizenship, if your husband was born in the U.S., his birth certificate would do.
    In terms of financial support issue, you may have someone else to be the joint sponsor. Consult with an immigration attorney.

3. Joe Matthew Queen

2

Answered . This question is more appropriate for immigration attorneys. Social Security attorneys generally specialize in Social Security Disability questions and some related SS pension issues. Best of luck to you.