My husband is a fugitive from justice but when we moved to another state and forwarded our mail we didn't receive no court paper

Asked over 1 year ago - Syracuse, NY

my husband warrant is from maryland and we moved to new york the warrant consist of drug paphernia, possession of a controlled substance the police said a lawyer can't get him out and newyork can hold him as long as they want but the law say up to 30 days i need help fast

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . If he was arrested in New York on a Maryland warrant the Judge here likely remanded him with no bail. He has the option to waive extradition or fight it. If he fights Maryland has 90 days (I believe it is 90) to get a Governor's warrant and then he will be extradicted.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

Answered . I agree with the prior responder with an addition. Your husband shoould consult with a criminal defense lawyer from MD to assist him in dealing with the underlying charges.