My husband is a citizen, he is going to be charge with 2 misdemeanor for domestic violence can he still apply for my paper?

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Ana, CA

he is citizen and i am from Peru , i came here with visa , legally and now we are together 6 months , we had a fight , he went to the jail for 2 days , the judge in criminal court put a restrainer order against him for 3 years but is temporally , i want to remove the restrainer order because he is not a criminal but since he touched me in the fight now he has 2 charges , vandalism and corporal injury , because he was pulling me outside the apartment thats it . he is going to plead guilty because he wants to save our marriage , we want to make sure if he is still available to be my sponsoir and a apply for my adjustment status , i have a visa for 10 years . tourist visa and my record is clean here and in my country . but with this problem even when those charge are just misdemeanor we are afraid for t

1. Robert Laurens Driessen

2

Answered . First your husband should not just plead guilty. He should have an experienced criminal defense attorney review his case and work out the best deal with the district attorney. By your husband pleading guilty it could destroy the marriage rather than save it. Once his criminal case is resolved you will need to discuss everything with an immigration attorney.

Robert Driessen

2. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

1

Answered . Do you wish to proceed with the matter? If you are not interested in prosecuting, then I suggest that you contact an experienced attorney to protect your rights.

Many respectable attorneys offer free consultation. You should contact one immediately.