My husband has twins.he has 50/50 custody and placement.i dont think we should have to pay child support to his ex wife.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Fond Du Lac, WI

What does wisconsin law say?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Nicholas J.B. Pasquale


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Wisconsin uses a shared placement formula for calculating child support In your case the formula would be (((husband gross monthly income X .25) X 1.7) X .5))). do the same calculation but substitute wife's GMI in place of husband's. Each figure represents the child support owed to the other party. Subtract the smaller amount from the larger and whatever amount is left gets paid to the other party. There could be some deviation from this amount after considering other factors like childcare costs, transportation costs, who covers medical insurance for the children, etc. See DCF 150 for further information or give me a call at 920-459-8490. Hope this helps.

    My answer does not automatically make me your attorney or create a former-client/current-client relationship with... more
  2. Teri M. Nelson

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . There is a formula for calculating child support in Wisconsin that takes into account the placement schedule but also the incomes of both parties. It is very difficult to obtain a deviation from the guidelines support amount. Essentially, it is what it is. You should consult with an experienced family law attorney to run the numbers for you and give you an opinion as to what child support would be ordered by the court.

  3. Nicholas C. Zales


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . With 50-50 placement you have a good argument for ending child support. However, things are never simple in family law. You should consult with a local attorney and see what your options are. You could move the court to end or modify child support. You really have nothing to lose in doing so.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,824 answers this week

2,889 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,824 answers this week

2,889 attorneys answering