Skip to main content

My husband has immigration court in denver after transfering it from los angeles, what can i expect in denver court ?

Denver, CO |

my husband went thru ice because of driving ticket, a few but thats the only thing on his record.he did go to jail because they became warrants wen he didnt go to court for the traffic violations. he is out on bail from ins. he was one month shy of closing his case in los angeles all they asked of him was a COJ. we moved before his court and transferred his case. he has an approved petition from my self, his wife, filed and approved in three months and a petition from his dad also approved which made him i 245 eligible. i want to know if they will ask for a coj in co and if the laws here on immigration differ too much from los angeles. (his petition was approved after his release from jail not before.)

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Immigration law is the same nationwide.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


There should be no significant different in the immigration laws in Colorado and California.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


The laws in the Denver immigration court are the same as the laws in Los Angeles, but the people are different. You will have a new judge and new prosecutors, and they may--or may not--look at the case the same way as it was going in LA.

Being in immigration court can have very serious consequences--consult with someone local that focuses on deportation or removal defense to better understand what needs to be done with your case. This is not the time to go it alone--get experienced counsel if going before the immigration judge.

This answer provides only general information and may not be relied on as legal advice. For more information about immigration law and policy, please visit or follow us on twitter (@lauralichter) or facebook, www.facebook/lichterimmigration. To find an immigration lawyer in your area, log on to Listed attorneys have been members of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the nation's premier bar association for immigration lawyers, for at least two years, comply with annual continuing legal education (CLE) requirements and carry malpractice insurance.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer