My husband has been ordered to pay child support like 350 week but however he did not obey the order

Asked 12 months ago - Danbury, CT

I filed contempt of court my husband left the child and me living with his ex wife. He pays all her bills and her 22 years old daughter's bills, i have bank statements show their expenses. He pay nothing to me for the child. When police officer went to the ex wife's house she lied to the officer that he has gone abroad. My husband transferred all his vehicles to her and now claiming no money. What are my option can I sue this lady for hiding him in her house. I am going through a lot of problem to pay rent go to work as my son is only 8 months old. What are my option and where do I stand? This is frustrating that he has been let go free with is other woman and nothing has been done so far by the authorities. When I called my husband to ask why is he doing this he is threatening

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Renee Mayerson Cannella

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . You Need An Attorney. You Can Try Calling Connecticut Legal Services To See If They Can Provide You With Legal Assistance.

    Disclaimer: The foregoing answer does not create an attorney-client relationship with Attorney Cannella or her... more
  2. Brian S Karpe

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Another avenue to consider is speaking to the CT Child Support Enforcement Unit. Look at the website: . You can also call them at (800) 228-5437. They may be able to assist.

    Brian S. Karpe, Esq. (860) 242-2221 Note: This response DOES NOT constitute legal advice and therefore no... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,939 answers this week

3,298 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,939 answers this week

3,298 attorneys answering