My husband has been charged for domestic violence and he was arrested,the case was dismissed and he took anger management classe

Parker, CO |

My green card petition is through his employer and my case is pending .We have been living separate after that when he was arrested.Can i still get a green card through him?My green card dates are close it might just take another one year so i dont want to file through VAWA .?

1. You had better sit down with an experienced immigration law attorney to discuss this situation. Eric Johnson or Laura Lichter are excellent choices in metro Denver.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

2. Parker:

When you speak to an attorney, make sure he or she is comfortable and familiar with VAWA and the interconnection between the criminal law and immigration law.

Brandon