My husband has been charged for domestic violence and he was arrested,the case was dismissed and he took anger management classe

Asked over 1 year ago - Parker, CO

My green card petition is through his employer and my case is pending .We have been living separate after that when he was arrested.Can i still get a green card through him?My green card dates are close it might just take another one year so i dont want to file through VAWA .?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You had better sit down with an experienced immigration law attorney to discuss this situation. Eric Johnson or Laura Lichter are excellent choices in metro Denver.

    In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship.... more
  2. Brandon Uriah Luna


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Parker:

    When you speak to an attorney, make sure he or she is comfortable and familiar with VAWA and the interconnection between the criminal law and immigration law.


Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,306 answers this week

2,974 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,306 answers this week

2,974 attorneys answering