My husband has an immigration court and I am a us citizen do I have to go to his court?

Asked about 2 years ago - Ocala, FL

before ins hold he was charged w domestic violence but I dropped the charges...

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If your husband was placed in removal proceedings ICE clearly believes he is removable. Whether it will be beneficial for you to appear with your husband depends on the facts of the case. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for specific advice.

    While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for... more
  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If he is claiming an immigration benefit based on the marriage, yes.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an... more
  3. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You do not have to, but without your help your husband has very little chances of winning his case.

    Nothing in this post shall be construed as a legal advice. If you need advice regarding your particular situation,... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Immigration detention

The United States can detain (hold) a foreigner for a number of reasons, from suspected immigration infractions to criminal offenses.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,273 answers this week

3,757 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,273 answers this week

3,757 attorneys answering