My husband has an immigration court and I am a us citizen do I have to go to his court?

Ocala, FL |

before ins hold he was charged w domestic violence but I dropped the charges...

If he is claiming an immigration benefit based on the marriage, yes.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

You do not have to, but without your help your husband has very little chances of winning his case.

Nothing in this post shall be construed as a legal advice. If you need advice regarding your particular situation, please contact my office directly. This information is transferred without an intent to creat an attorney-client relationship.

If your husband was placed in removal proceedings ICE clearly believes he is removable. Whether it will be beneficial for you to appear with your husband depends on the facts of the case. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for specific advice.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

Recommended articles about Immigration