MY HUSBAND HAS AN IMMIGRATION BOND FOR $12,000.00

Houston, TX |

I DON'T HAVE THAT TYPE OF MONEY IN MY HANDS IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY THAT I CAN HELP HIM I TRY TO GET SOMEONE TO CO-SIGN FOR ME SO I CAN GET A LOAN WITH THE BANK BUT EVERYONE KEEPS SAYING NO.. CAN I GET HIM RELEASE ANY OTHER WAY???

You will need an asset like a home to place as collateral to pay a bond less than face value with a bond agency. You can also hire a competent immigration attorney to attempt to lower the bond, if possible.

I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney before you further complicate matters. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Very much so.

There are bond companies out there which ask for a deposit, which they later keep. They migjt be sharks

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Try and consult with a local Bail Bondsman. These companies typically charge a premium of 10% to make payment of the bond more manageable. Also, if your husband has not yet done so, he may seek a reduction in the bond set by the USICE from an immigration judge.

My colleagues are correct ... you need to find a bond company.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

As my colleagues indicated, you need the bond and a lawyer.

This is not a legal advice or solicitation, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Consult with an attorney. I work for Cardinal Risk Mangement and Cardinal Intellectual Property, IP service companies, but not law firms. I also am the president of Vepachedu Educational Foundation Inc., which is a non profit educational foundation. I also write cultural and scientific compliations for the foundation. I also teach at Northwestern university as a guest lecturer. I also provide some pro-bono guidance on immigration and other issues through Indian American Bar Association. I also have a contract with Cardinal Law Group, a law firm, for IP projects. All this information is on my profile at Avvo and also at Linkedin. Any views/opinions expressed in any context are my personal views in individual capacity only, and do not represent the views and opinions of any firm, client, or anyone else, and is not sponsored or endorsed by them in any way.

It is possible to request that the Judge reconsider the bond amount - with evidence of good moral character and things such as family, assets, and employment, the Judge is more likely to reduce the bond amount to something more reasonable.

You may also contact bond companies, who will require you to pay 10-20% of the total bond amount while providing collateral or credit in the event the Respondent does not appear at the hearing.

You may want to consider consulting with an attorney to help with the bond redetermination request - happy to speak with you for a free, 15-20 minute telephone consultation at 615-379-VISA (8472).

Brent David Hessel

Brent David Hessel

I just learned I am not supposed to ask for a call when answering questions as per the AVVO Community Guidelines - sorry about that!

Although I agree you need an attorney please realize that in Texas you may not use your only home as collateral. Moreover. Bonding your husband out without investing in an attorney to prevent removal is in my opinion unwise.

Please remember this is not official legal advice, and this is no way establishes an attorney-client relationship. For a free 15 minute phone consultation please call 972-638-7207.

Hire a lawyer to request a bond redetermination to try to lower the bond amount. Good luck.

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.