My husband has a unemployment overpayment does it go on your background check while it is in appeal process

Asked over 2 years ago - Lucerne Valley, CA

his wages havent been garnished and no judgements yet he is in the second appeals process he is applying for new jobs will it show on his background check with new employment

1. Michael Robert Kirschbaum

1

Answered . At his stage, there is probably no public record from which the information can be accessed by a background search firm. The EDD does not make such information available to third parties. However, if the EDD does get to the point where it attempts to enforce the overpayment by going to court to obtain a judgment, it will become public record. If your husband loses his appeal and exhausts all his options, he should consider working out a payment plan with the EDD, to avoid a judgment and wage garnishment.