My husband has a terminal illness and after 20 years he has decided he would kick me to the curb

Lexington, KY |
Filed under: Business

We have 10 acres and a business in my name. My permanent adddress isin Ohio

1. Not sure what our quesion is, but if you want to know whether you have to split the value of the business and the acreage in a divorce, the answer is generally yes. But in some states, if you owned the business and property before you married or they were financed with an inheritance to you only or financed with a pain and suffering award to you only, and he put no money or effort into one or the other, then you may not have to share. The catch 22 is that the policies above can be ignored when a person needs medical care or some other special circumstances. On the other hand, the fact that he kicked you to the curb will likely be in your favor. The bottom line here is he is terminally ill and may be rejecting you to protect you from pain. Consider that and some marriage counseling before getting legal.

Business topics