Skip to main content

My Husband has a Boston Scientific back stimulator implant in April 2011 he has severne discomfort and burning pain and burns

Yoakum, TX |

skin due to the implant. He cannot go to the bathroom to relieve himself because of the implant He has tried calling and texting the rep and nurse from their company no call backs
Can you please help. He has pain level 10

Attorney Answers 5

  1. He needs to go to a doctor. If he can't get help from the doctor who did the original implant then go to another one. Then find a lawyer imediately as you are coming up on two years since the implant was put in, and that will create problems that may keep him from getting any legal relief.

    This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.

  2. First go seek medical attention. Then call an attorney to discuss a potential defective product and/or medical malpractice case. This questions is too broad to answer on a forum like this. You need to figure out what is wrong medically and go from there.

    All responses on this site by this attorney are considered practical & general and does not constitute absolute or final legal advice. It is always best to consult a lawyer in your area on your exact case/claim. Each state has different laws, statutes of limitations and regulations. This lawyer is only licensed in the State of Texas. If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of GREGG S. HARRISON, PLLC, nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Office of GREGG S. HARRISON PLLC. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. GREGG HARRISON. Visit our website at or call 832-797-7600 to discuss your legal issue; We represent injured persons who have been involved in motor vehicle collisions, 18-wheeler/truck wrecks and motorcycle accidents; all types of general negligence and catastrophic injury claims.

  3. He should talk to a physician and get the device removed if medically indicated. If removed, the device should be preserved and inspected. You should hire an attorney from this Avvo Board.

    Ryan Finn * 518.213.0115 * * Referrals are the highest form of compliment

  4. He needs to go to the hospital or a doctor immediately if he is in that much pain. He should consul twith a lawyer in your area who specializes in medical malpractice and defective products to see if he can bring a claim for damages. Be aware that there are strict guidelines to how long you have to make a claim so I would seek legal help asap. Good luck!!

  5. Find a lawyer quickly so you don't blow the statute of limitations. Find a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than 30% with no costs deducted, so you get the lion’s share of the settlement, not your lawyer.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics