My husband has a "no contact order"

Bend, OR |

my husband has a "no contact order" against him from a lady he had an affair with, I was upset about the situation and i made contact with her. Now his parole officer has a hold on him until she is in the office on Monday, I didn't realize that order pertained to me?

1. "Contact" includes contact through third parties, yes. Your husband might be able to argue that he hadn't asked or intended you to contact her. He needs to consult with a criminal defense attorney immediately.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: jay@northwestlawoffice.com | Online: www.northwestlawoffice.com

2. I agree with Mr. Bodzin - this may be a situation where they think your husband had something to do with you contacting her - sort of contacting her through a third party. So maybe your husband can get an attorney that can help explain that this contact didn't have anything to do with you.

I would also add that while I understand that you are upset with the situation and the entire situation would raise some questions in my mind about your relationship with your husband and this women. Rather than contact the women I would first get some professional counseling and try to get some insight on the overall situation. Your husband having an affair is not a good sign for your relationship and the fact that something happened that would cause this women to get a restraining order against your husband implies that your husband may have some behaviors that at least one women see as not acceptable and you may also be putting up with similar unacceptable behavior. Admittedly this is conjecture since I don't have all the facts but in human relationships the old adage "where there is smoke there is fire" is usually true. I mean that if your husband's behavior rose to the level of being abusive with this women I would be very concerned that you are also in an abusive relationship - his philandering may be a form of psychological abuse. Just get some counseling from an objective professional and step back and look at your situation. http://www.portlandlegalservices.com

The comments by this author to questions posted on Avvo are designed to foster a general understanding of what might be the law governing the area of the legal problem stated and suggest what might be the approach to finding a legal solution. Under no circumstances is this author acting as the attorney for the party who posted the question or as the attorney for subsequent readers to the question or response and no attorney client relationship is being formed. This attorney's comments are not intended to be a substitute for getting legal advice from a licensed attorney. A reader of this author's comments should never act on the information provided in these comments as though these comments were legal advice and should always seek legal advice in a personal consultation with an attorney in their jurisdiction before taking action. The information provided here is not intended to cover every situation with similar facts. Please remember that the law varies between states and other countries and is always changing through actions of the courts and the Legislature.