My husband has a "no contact order"

Asked about 1 year ago - Bend, OR

my husband has a "no contact order" against him from a lady he had an affair with, I was upset about the situation and i made contact with her. Now his parole officer has a hold on him until she is in the office on Monday, I didn't realize that order pertained to me?

1. Joanne Reisman

2

Answered . I agree with Mr. Bodzin - this may be a situation where they think your husband had something to do with you contacting her - sort of contacting her through a third party. So maybe your husband can get an attorney that can help explain that this contact didn't have anything to do with you.

I would also add that while I understand that you are upset with the situation and the entire situation would raise some questions in my mind about your relationship with your husband and this women. Rather than contact the women I would first get some professional counseling and try to get some insight on the overall situation. Your husband having an affair is not a good sign for your relationship and the fact that something happened that would cause this women to get a restraining order against your husband implies that your husband may have some behaviors that at least one women see as not acceptable and you may also be putting up with similar unacceptable behavior. Admittedly this is conjecture since I don't have all the facts but in human relationships the old adage "where there is smoke there is fire" is usually true. I mean that if your husband's behavior rose to the level of being abusive with this women I would be very concerned that you are also in an abusive relationship - his philandering may be a form of psychological abuse. Just get some counseling from an objective professional and step back and look at your situation. http://www.portlandlegalservices.com

2. Jay Bodzin

1

Answered . "Contact" includes contact through third parties, yes. Your husband might be able to argue that he hadn't asked or intended you to contact her. He needs to consult with a criminal defense attorney immediately.

Please read the following notice: