My husband had DUI and revoke probation one time by drinking alcohol to asap class.Can he apply for citizenship ?

Arlington, VA |

His first date of green card was 06/09/2008 and how long of the dui probation will end.

1. DUI per say may not be the problem. However it someone was hurt, it is a repetitive offense or he is an addict, it will come in the way of naturalization. Best approach is to have the conviction reviewed by an experienced attorney and seek his guidance towards filing.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

2. Only if he is no longer under probation. Those DUI probations can be as long as 5 years.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. I agree with my colleague. The effects of the DUI and related VOP are subject to his current status, what paperwork has been filed, etc. I suggest you speak with an experienced immigration attorney as quickly as you can.

4. Please ask your question again in a way, which would make us understand the connection between your husband DUI and your citizenship application.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.