My husband had DUI and revoke probation one time by drinking alcohol to asap class.Can he apply for citizenship ?

Asked 11 months ago - Arlington, VA

His first date of green card was 06/09/2008 and how long of the dui probation will end.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . Please ask your question again in a way, which would make us understand the connection between your husband DUI and your citizenship application.

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

5

1

Answered . DUI per say may not be the problem. However it someone was hurt, it is a repetitive offense or he is an addict, it will come in the way of naturalization. Best approach is to have the conviction reviewed by an experienced attorney and seek his guidance towards filing.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

1

Answered . Only if he is no longer under probation. Those DUI probations can be as long as 5 years.

4. Christopher Irvin Simser

3

Answered . I agree with my colleague. The effects of the DUI and related VOP are subject to his current status, what paperwork has been filed, etc. I suggest you speak with an experienced immigration attorney as quickly as you can.