My husband had an affair in 2010. I need to know how to file a restraining or stalking order against the other woman.

He ended the affair in March of 2011 and she has made it her business to terrorize my family ever since. We have had to move because she and her friend have come to my home and argued with my daughters and myself. She has called family members, she make fake profiles and attempts to befriend me and my children on facebook. She is clearly unstable. I feel it's just a matter of time before she finds our new address. I want her stopped before something bad happens. My husband has talked to her and she says she is not ready for it to be over. He has also been called and stalked. We have had to change all home and cell numbers in an attempt to get this woman out of our lives. What should be our actions legally?

Trussville, AL -

Attorney Answers (1)

Cameron Lee Hogan

Cameron Lee Hogan

Litigation Lawyer - Birmingham, AL

If you are being harassed, you can file a police report. I would suggest you consult a local domestic attorney to discuss your options.

Related Topics

Criminal charges for stalking

Stalking is the crime of unwanted and obsessive attention by an individual or group toward another person, including the tracking of movements or activities.

Featured Legal Guides

Restraining order and criminal defense

A restraining order is a court order that requires you to do, or refrain from doing, certain actions. It is often used in stalking or domestic violence cases.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.