My husband h1b(working visa)from almost last 9 year,my husband apply greencard but we have no reply hw we know our GC status...?

Louisville, KY |

My husband from india and work in a company.my husband on h1b visa.please tell how we know the reason why my husband greencard not approve?there is any document require or any other reason for delay?thanks in advance

1. Over the past several years, there have been extraodinary delays for most employment based green card cases filed on behalf of Indian citizens. The primary reason for these delays is the unavailability of visas that permit an applicant to reach the last stage of the process (adjustment of status). The Department of State issues a monthly bulletin that sets forth visa availability which you might find helpful (http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html). General information on the employment green card process is also available at www.uscis.gov.

2. Quite frankly ... we have too many H-1B people from India who are all 'fighting' for the same small number of immigrant visas (aka: greencards) that are available each year.

You just have to wait your turn in line ... sorry.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. I agree with my colleagues

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104