Skip to main content

My husband got subpoena to appear before a grand jury as a witness can be arrested

Brooklyn, NY |

our vehicle tires have being getting slashed by this guy, my husband finally saw him do it and confronted him they got into a fight i called the cops. The guy got arrested but my husband broke this vehicle windshield in the process ......and my husband later be arrest

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


if aperson is upboued to a grand jury, tht person is not supposed to be a subject or a target of the investigation, but that person could incriminate himself. he should consult witha lawyer about this.

Any response given is not to be taken as legal advice or to create an attorney client relationship.


Could they...yes but if they are giving him immunity in the grand jury, which is standard, he should be fine.
If he is really concerned, he can hire an attorney or ask one to be appointed for him.
Either way, he has to show.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.


He should have counsel and he should not waive his right to immunity in his grand jury testimony.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


Consult with a criminal defense attorney to make sure he gets immunity before he testifies.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer