Skip to main content

My husband got my car impounded for driving with suspended license and talking on the phone. I was not with him & I own the car.

Mountain View, CA |

I called the Police Department & they said they can't help me b/c it's impounded for 30 days. The officer that pulled my husband over was being a complete jerk & I believe b/c my husband recently beat a him in a case, so i feel that officer wants to get him back. The first officer didn't search him nor the car until the 2nd officer came.. Since I wasn't there, is there anyway possible to even get my car back before 30 days? They're killing me with these fees. Tow truck fee is $280 & he only towed it a few feet away!

Attorney Answers 2


One other thing you need to consider about fees: they'll probably charge a per day fee to store your car on top of the $280 for tow. You'll need to deal with this promptly (of course you want your car back, too).

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

1 comment



Thank you! Yes, they charge $60 a day plus their towing fee. Not to mention the police release forms are $100. Sheesh!


If you are the registered owner and you have a valid license, you can go to the appropriate location and request release of the vehicle. Bring proof.

Mark as helpful

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics