My husband got caught for his 5th DUI and probation violation for his 4th and he has retained a lawyer?

Asked over 1 year ago - Deadwood, SD

my husband was on probation for his 4th DWI and was put on probation for 2years and he got caught within 3 months for his 5th what is going to happen now, I tried to bail him out and his probation officer put a hold on him, what will happen now?

1. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

6

Answered . You've stated he has retained a lawyer. That is a good thing under the circumstances described. Since he has counsel that individual should be the sole source of information and advice. Your effort to get information on your own is no doubt based on a desire to be helpful; but, in my opinion, your efforts can do no good for him and runs a substantial risk of creating confusion. His attorney is the only one who has available all of the pertinent information about your husband's situation. Asking any attorney here for an opinion with basically none of the pertinent information available does result in an opinion that can compare with what his own attorney can do. Relax; there is nothing you can do other than to lend your support. Good luck to you both.

2. Richard Timothy Jones

5

Answered . Having multiple DWI convictions is a very serious matter. If someone has an attorney you should contact that lawyer. If you want a second opinion then find an experienced attorney such as a member of the National College for DUI Defense (www.ncdd.com).
    Austin DWI Lawyer
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    Austin Probation Lawyer
    512-495-1813

3. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

3

Answered . He will stay in jail unless his probation agent decides to release him or goes back before the judge on his 4th DWI. It is unlikely he will be released quickly. If he wins his 5th offense case it will help. He and you need to rely on his lawyer for answers, not people on the Internet.