My husband got arrested for shoplifting and drug possession he is charged with 3 felonies , do i have to hire a lawyer?

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

It is the first time he was arrested for drug possession, he was arrested before twice for domestic violence.

1. Noah Howard Pines

Pro

6

Answered . 100% he needs a lawyer.

2. Michael Jason Rhoades

6

Answered . Do you have to hire a lawyer? No. However, if you don't, he is very likely to get screwed by the system. Depending on exactly which drug and how much he had, as well as the amount he is accused of shoplifting, he could be facing very serious penalties. Besides that, having convictions for stealing or drug possession can really hurt your chances of getting a job or even being able to rent a place to live!
    Please let me know if I can be of assistance. I would be happy to help.
    Regards,
    M. Jason Rhoades
    jason@rhoadesandmiller.com

3. Justin Spizman

Pro

5

Answered . Without a shadow of a doubt. He is facing serious ramifications to his life, liberty, and permanent record. Feel free to give me a call at 678 – 522 – 9540 for a free permanent record.

4. Darrell Brinnett Reynolds Sr.

5

Answered . Yes he need a lawyer.

Darrell B. Reynolds Attorney At Law

5. Charles Christopher Flinn

Pro

4

Answered . Yes, absolutely. If he is charged with any criminal offense - especially a felony - he needs an attorney. Whether he gets a public defender or a private attorney. Is he still on probation? If you have any questions feel free to call me at 404-217-6978.

6. John Arnold Steakley

4

Answered . Do you HAVE to? No. You can sit back and hope that the same system that arrrested him, incarcerated him, and charged him with three felonies will suddenly become his best friend and defend his rights in court.

Or you can accept that there are people who want to lock him up and throw away the key.

People try to squeak through the system as cheaply as possible, but if a private attorney is able to resolve a criminal case just one year shorter than a public defender, what is that worth? Even at a minimum wage job, your freedom is worth at least $15,000 per year saved, and that's not including the benefit of sleeping in your own bed alone instead of a jail cell every night with a stranger.

Once you decide to hire a private attorney, you have to decide to hire the best one your can find or try to find a discount lawyer. I would suggest avoiding discount lawyers.

If you were going to jump out of an airplane, would you want an expensive, brand-name parachute or a discount parachute? Both may work. You may float down slowly and regret having spent the extra money for the expensive parachute. Or you may get to the ground quickly, wishing you hadn't been so cheap. Choose wisely. His freedom may depend on it.

7. Allen Rust Knox

2

Answered . Would you give yourself a root canal? Would you perform an appendectomy on yourself? If your answer is yes to these questions, then you don't need a lawyer either. Lawyers go to school for many years to learn how to practice law, They then spend their entire careers improving upon their skills and knowledge of the law. This is not TV court, this is the real deal. Hire a lawyer.