My husband got approved for DACA, what is the process for me to petition my spouse? Do I file form I-130, I-601A,G-325A?

Asked 9 months ago - Salt Lake City, UT

My husband came to the US without inspection on January of 1994. He was 8 years old when he came to the US. He has a misdemeanor for giving a police officer a different name. He has 1 ticket for driving without a license. We got married on July 4th, 2009 and we have three daughters. I also homeschool our oldest daughter she is 4 because she was born prematurely. I am a full time student and homemaker and my husband works to support our family.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

Answered . You submit form I-130. Once that is approved, you submit form I-601a with evidence of extreme hardship to you unless your husband is given permanent residence. Finally, your husband is interviewed for a green card at a US consulate in hs home country.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . You start by talking to an immigration attorney.

3. Jared S Lawrence

Answered . You will need to file the I-601A waiver for him eventually. The process is often complicated and they have denied people for have similar crimes. I would seek out an attorney to ensure you do not have delays in processing.