My husband got approved for DACA, what is the process for me to petition my spouse? Do I file form I-130, I-601A,G-325A?

Salt Lake City, UT |

My husband came to the US without inspection on January of 1994. He was 8 years old when he came to the US. He has a misdemeanor for giving a police officer a different name. He has 1 ticket for driving without a license. We got married on July 4th, 2009 and we have three daughters. I also homeschool our oldest daughter she is 4 because she was born prematurely. I am a full time student and homemaker and my husband works to support our family.

You submit form I-130. Once that is approved, you submit form I-601a with evidence of extreme hardship to you unless your husband is given permanent residence. Finally, your husband is interviewed for a green card at a US consulate in hs home country.

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

You start by talking to an immigration attorney.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

You will need to file the I-601A waiver for him eventually. The process is often complicated and they have denied people for have similar crimes. I would seek out an attorney to ensure you do not have delays in processing.

EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS in UT email: jared@llvlaw.com and phone: (801) 746-8391. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. We also speak Spanish and French.

Recommended articles about Immigration