My husband got approved for DACA, what is the process for me to petition my spouse? Do I file form I-130, I-601A,G-325A?

Asked about 1 year ago - Salt Lake City, UT

My husband came to the US without inspection on January of 1994. He was 8 years old when he came to the US. He has a misdemeanor for giving a police officer a different name. He has 1 ticket for driving without a license. We got married on July 4th, 2009 and we have three daughters. I also homeschool our oldest daughter she is 4 because she was born prematurely. I am a full time student and homemaker and my husband works to support our family.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You submit form I-130. Once that is approved, you submit form I-601a with evidence of extreme hardship to you unless your husband is given permanent residence. Finally, your husband is interviewed for a green card at a US consulate in hs home country.

    Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response... more
  2. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You start by talking to an immigration attorney.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed... more
  3. Jared S Lawrence

    Contributor Level 6

    Answered . You will need to file the I-601A waiver for him eventually. The process is often complicated and they have denied people for have similar crimes. I would seek out an attorney to ensure you do not have delays in processing.

    EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS in UT email: and phone: (801) 746-8391. The information... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,060 answers this week

3,197 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,060 answers this week

3,197 attorneys answering