Skip to main content

My husband got a DUI will that affect residency?

Redlands, CA |

My husband was arrested for his first dui 6 months ago, he was taken into ICE, now he is in a program called ISAP. I am a born US citizen, am I able to petition him, or will he get deported?

Attorney Answers 3


You need to post your question in the immigration forum as this question are more relevant there.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


You will be able to petition for him, but Petitioning for him won't get rid of the DUI and won't necessarily be all that is necessary from an Immigration Prospective. Since you are local, I would suggest contacting the Inland Empire Immigration Services to discuss the how the DUI affects his immigration status/case. If he is on ISAP, he probably has a court date set with Immigration Court.

If he hasnt resolved the DUI yet, he should probably consider getting an attorney to deal with that as well. Feel free to contact me to discuss the DUI. Otherwise, the contact information for Inland Empire Immgration Services is as follows:

560 North Arrowhead Avenue, Suite 8-A
San Bernardino, CA 92401
(909) 888-6118

Ask for Mark. He is a friend of mine and will take care of you and get you set-up with a Consultation.

Good luck!

Any information provided through in response to a question is not, and cannot be considered a formation of any Attorney-Client relationship. Questioner understands that the nature of this system allows only for a cursory review of case information, and more detailed information should not be divulged in this public forum. As such, Questioner is recommended to contact an Attorney in order to discuss the full details of their case and a more specific advisement of potential rights and liabilities.

Mark as helpful


A single DUI should not make it a deportable offense however he will need an immigration attorney.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics