My husband got a DUI after a failed suicide attempt (slammed car into tree). Trial or take plea deal?

Asked over 2 years ago - Atlanta, GA

I don't know the specifics of the plea deal since nothing formal has been offered, but his public defender is telling him that he will probably be looking at a lot in fines , a year probation, and maybe jail time. Now I dont condone what my husband did, but it was well documented by everyone that this was a suicide attempt. They bakers acted him for three days. He was put on anti depression meds and anti anxiety meds which have worked miracles for him. He is a changed man and hasnt touched a drop of alcohol since. His public attorney isnt even discussing this with the prosecuter.
This happened in Florida

1. Evan A. Watson

Pro

5

Answered . Your question is posted in Georgia's section. You would need a Florida attorney since the incident took place in Florida.

Best

EW

2. Brett Ladd

Pro

3

Answered . Please re-submit your question so that lawyers in Florida can assist you. Good luck.

3. Mitchell Scott Sexner

Pro

1

Answered . I have never seen an insanity defense for a dui charge and that is what you appear to be looking for, because the motivation for drinking and driving does not matter.