My husband got a DUI after a failed suicide attempt (slammed car into tree). Trial or take plea deal?

Atlanta, GA |

I don't know the specifics of the plea deal since nothing formal has been offered, but his public defender is telling him that he will probably be looking at a lot in fines , a year probation, and maybe jail time. Now I dont condone what my husband did, but it was well documented by everyone that this was a suicide attempt. They bakers acted him for three days. He was put on anti depression meds and anti anxiety meds which have worked miracles for him. He is a changed man and hasnt touched a drop of alcohol since. His public attorney isnt even discussing this with the prosecuter.
This happened in Florida

1. Your question is posted in Georgia's section. You would need a Florida attorney since the incident took place in Florida.

Best

EW

Evan A. Watson is a Georgia licensed attorney. All information is based on Georgia law, and no response should be construed as legal advice. Additionally, this response does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is simply a form of legal education and is intended to provide general information for all readers. Please refer with an attorney who practices in your applicable state for non-Georgia legal questions.

2. Please re-submit your question so that lawyers in Florida can assist you. Good luck.

Thanks for considering my response on AVVO. The questioner and any reader do not have an attorney-client relationship formed by our communications on this website. Advice given by me on this website is general advice based on partial information. You should not rely on any advice given without first hiring a lawyer in the area where the case is pending, and providing that lawyer with full information.

3. I have never seen an insanity defense for a dui charge and that is what you appear to be looking for, because the motivation for drinking and driving does not matter.

Answers presented on this website are intended only for informational purposes and any use of the contained material is at the users own risk. Answers are intended exclusively as a public resource for general information, and this information is intended, but is not promised or guaranteed to be, correct, up-to-date, or complete. This material is not intended to constitute legal advice, as an agreement to create an attorney-client relationship with the law offices of Mitchell S. Sexner & Associates LLC, or the provision of legal services, and receipt of this information does not constitute such an agreement. If legal or other specific expert advice is required, then the services of a competent professional should be sought.O