Skip to main content

My husband got a drug charge about 14 years ago in Virginia and we are trying to expunge or pardon it how can this be done. TY

Waldorf, MD |

charge: 14 years ago
drug charge
time done
state: virginia

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    As a Virginia-licensed lawyer, I inform you that expungements are only available there for acquittals and unconditional dismissals. To seek a pardon, you should consult with a qualified lawyer. All the best. Jon

    None of my comments on AVVO's website constitute legal advice. It is only food for thought for matters to address with a qualified laywer. My website's disclaimer page at applies to all my answers on .

  2. I'm not a MD attorney but to get your answer fast, you may benefit from using the cool "find a lawyer" tab here on AVVO to generate a quick "starter" list of attorneys ready to help. The tab is up at the top of your AVVO screen.

    Best of luck with your search!

    The response to your question was prepared by the Law Offices of Raushanah F. Rodgers, PLLC for informational purposes only. Before you make a decision that may have legal implications, you should consult with a qualified legal professional to obtain specific legal advice tailored to your situation. Our response is not an invitation to enter into nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. Our response may be considered advertising under the North Carolina, New York and or Virginia Rules of Professional Conduct, all of which are applicable to our legal practice.

  3. You need to ask your question to a Virginia attorney. Repost your question to Virginia attorneys by changing the location to Virginia and you should get plenty of responses.

    This answer is being given for general informational purposes only and is not protected by the attorney-client privilege since this is a public forum. The information provided does not create an attorney-client relationship. No communications with me on this forum shall be construed as arising out of an attorney-client relationship. If a client needs specific legal advice or opinions, he or she should retain counsel for advice or to undertake representation.

  4. Although you might now live in Maryland, the question is about Virginia law. You should repost this question in a Virginia criminal law forum.

    Information in the reply is provided as a public service. It is neither a comprehensive statement of the law nor legal advice, and no one should rely on it as such. If you have a legal problem or question, you should consult with an attorney, who can investigate the particular circumstances of your situation. Responding to a post does not constitute legal representation. I am not your lawyer, until we make an agreement and I receive my fee. Beware that posts and replies are not confidential. Anyone can read them.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics