My husband got a drug charge about 14 years ago in Virginia and we are trying to expunge or pardon it how can this be done. TY

Asked 6 months ago - Waldorf, MD

charge: 14 years ago
drug charge
time done
state: virginia

1. Jonathan L Katz

Pro

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . As a Virginia-licensed lawyer, I inform you that expungements are only available there for acquittals and unconditional dismissals. To seek a pardon, you should consult with a qualified lawyer. All the best. Jon

2. Scott R. Scherr

2

1

Answered . You need to ask your question to a Virginia attorney. Repost your question to Virginia attorneys by changing the location to Virginia and you should get plenty of responses.

3. William Lawrence Welch III

1

Answered . Although you might now live in Maryland, the question is about Virginia law. You should repost this question in a Virginia criminal law forum.

4. Raushanah Fadqua Rodgers

Pro

1

1

Answered . I'm not a MD attorney but to get your answer fast, you may benefit from using the cool "find a lawyer" tab here on AVVO to generate a quick "starter" list of attorneys ready to help. The tab is up at the top of your AVVO screen.

Best of luck with your search!