Skip to main content

My Husband forged my signature on tax return what I need to do?

Phoenix, AZ |
Filed under: Fraud

what I need to do?
if I file a case,will it affect his career?
what will be the punishment?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Go to the IRS or see a tax law lawyer right away. Yes, it may affect his career. Punishment is up to the courts and depends on a wide variety of factors. No way to really tell without knowing a whole lot more.

This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. The law in your state may differ and your best answer will always come from a local attorney that you meet with privately. For a Free Online 50 State National List of Consumer Law Lawyers, click on this link ( and find one near you


It is a violation of the law to knowingly provide the IRS with false information. Without knowing more about your specific situation it's hard to say what his punishment may be but it may have a negative impact on his career.

Ronald Lee Burdge

Ronald Lee Burdge


I totally agree with Clint.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer