Skip to main content

My Husband filed for divorce after 11yrs yesterday. I do not have my name on our House. Can he make me leave?

Greenville, MI |

I have an 18yr old daughter in school (not his kid) and I have no job or money to live on my own. we are in Michigan.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. No, he sure can't. There are some exceptions and qualifications but generally, everything you both own belongs to both of you. Also, you won't have trouble finding a lawyer to represent you and have him pay for your legal fees.

  2. The issue is NOT when the house was purchased, but rather when it was paid for. For most of us it is paid over time.
    800 466 0000

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics