Skip to main content

My husband file a false order of protection against me, I need help

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Family law

my legal husband at this moment I have not yet been served with divorce papers or a legal separation agreement has not been drafted. My husband has resorted to protection order abuse.. In the petition he says the following " I am getting emails how she wants my stuff out of her house, she threatens my girlfriend health I am concerned she will come to my house and impede on my health and lively hood. I just want to be left alone, she stressed me out so bad I had to go to a psychiatric hospital in April 2012"
First if all I have his medical records to prove he has PTSD. From the war. also I have text messages from his girl friend threatening me.
Also he plans to take her to the hearing mind you we are still legally married, will the court look at his claim to having a girlfriend adultery?

Attorney Answers 5

  1. The court does not take adultery serious, especially when parties are looking to seperate/divorce. You need your own attorney to advocate for you in Family Court where this petition is.

    I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

  2. The girlfriend will not be allowed in. Depending on what the text messages he has says he may get an order of protection. Any threats against the grilfriend will be dismissed as the court doesn't have jurisdiction between you and the girlfriend. You sould get a lawyer to help you.

    I hope you found this answer helpful and if so, please let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated. You can also choose a "best answer" if you wish. This is easy to do and greatly appreciated.

    This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general anwer to the question posed.

  3. Get an attorney to assist you with the hearing. It's doubtful adultery will play any role in this matter.

  4. If he is relying on emails, get a court order for him to produce those emails.

    henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

    Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

  5. Honestly, if that's all the petition alleges it does not sound to me like the petition alleges a family offense. I would ask that the petition be dismissed for failure to allege a family offense at the return date.or you could get a lawyer to submit a motion to dismiss. Adultery has nothing to do with your Family Court case. You could file for divorce on this ground, but I recommend doing so on the grounds of irretrievable breakdown of relationship or you risk him contesting the grounds

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics