My husband failed his ua for marijuana n September. They gave him 45 extra duty and an article15,

Newport News, VA |

He's a watercraft engineer, they didn't take away less pay though b/c his sargent and commander spoke up for him that it should be waivered. Also he just got done with his extra duty and they processed the chapter papers. Nothing is set in stone b/c the top guy decides if he wants them to process the papers through or keep him!! He's only been in for about 8 month his first offense, do you think he has a fighting chance? we just finally got our life together and would be very devastating if he was let go...

Oh he's in the us army

Under current rules it is mandatory for him to be processed for separation based on drug abuse.

However, the separation authority can decide to give him one last chance and remain. That's going to be hard to do in today's environment. The Army is down-sizing, that means they are taking every opportunity to kick people out.

He should speak to the defense lawyers at TDS about this ASAP.

Concur with Attorney Cave.

I am licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia, answering your query and my answer do not create an attorney-client relationship and I am not providing you legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights--or rights to recovery of damages. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.