My husband entered the US illegally we have appointment for I-130 Interview

Asked over 2 years ago - Houston, TX

My current lawyer says he has to go to Mexico. My husband runs our business if he goes to Mexico 5 employees are left without a job including myself. I would be left with bills and face hardship. We have been married for 5yrs with no children, I had just started seeing an IVF doctor to try to concieve. What can we do.

Attorney answers (5)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You have an attorney. He/she knows the facts of your case. We do not. You need to ask your questions from your attorney.

    You are essentially asking us to second guess your attorney without having all the facts. No competent attorney is going to do that.

    You certainly are entitled to a second opinion. However, rendering a second opinion requires an analysis of all the facts, including any filings by your present attorney. That is not something that can be done for free through Avvo. You would need to retain an attorney for the purpose of giving you that second opinion.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. Karen-Lee Pollak

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . We would need additional information to determine your case.

  3. Reza Athari

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Maybe the new proposed rule will help. Ask your attorney about it

    Reza Athari
    Attorney at Law
    Certified Specialist - Immigration and Nationality Law
    State Bar of California - Board of Legal Specialization

    Main office: Las Vegas, Nevada
    Reza Athari & Associates, Pllc

    3365 Pepper Lane, Suite 102
    Las Vegas, NV 89120
    Telephone: (702) 727-7777
    Fax: (702) 458-8508
    Toll free: (800) 565-2030

    Barstow, California
    Reza Athari & Associates, Pllc

    309 East Mountain View Street, Suite 104
    Barstow, CA 92311
    Telephone: (760) 957-7220
    Fax: (760) 957-7396

    St. George, Utah
    Reza Athari & Lui, Pllc

    1036 East Red Hills Parkway, Suite D
    St. George, UT 84770
    Telephone: (435) 656-1136
    Fax: (435) 656-1145

    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Reza Athari & Lui, Pllc

    525 W 5300 S Suite 150
    Murray, UT 84123
    Telephone: (801) 262-LAW7
    Fax: (801) 281-9603

    If you have a SKYPE account, we may now video-conference or conduct a conference call on the computer from and to anywhere in the world for free. More information may be found at

  4. Dhenu Mitesh Savla


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Hello, It is a tough question to answer based on the facts you present. On the one hand, the hardship you face will actually help in making your case a stronger case. On the other hand, if you already have an interview scheduled in Mexico, the 'provisional waiver' will unfortunately not help you. Best case scenario is that your case processes quickly and does not go under supervisory review, which can take longer. For more information on I-601 waivers, visit:

    Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    Free Phone Consultations Available

  5. Brian Lee Michael Balaguera

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . He will probably be placed into deportation proceedings. Hire an attorney ASAP.

    The information provided herein is provided as general legal information and does not constitute legal advice.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,589 answers this week

3,045 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,589 answers this week

3,045 attorneys answering