My husband died in march 2012. His son was named exector of the estateWe are suppose to close out the estate this week

Asked over 1 year ago - Elizabethton, TN

what should I look for in closing. After my death he gets the house.Need some advise.

1. James C. Higgs

7

Answered . This is a good time for you to consult an attorney about the whole estate planning and probate process. A simple trust and a few additional documents could make your son's transition easier when you pass away. Just call around to estate planning attorneys for a few free consultations, and ask them personal questions and find someone you like to help you out that sets reasonable prices. In MI, full estate plans with trusts can range from around $1000 to over $4000 depending on the complexity assets, and obviously the attorney.

2. Thomas Anthony Schaeffer

7

Answered . Agreed. It is also always a good idea to have an attorney that you trust on speed dial just in case something happens.

3. John Michael Kington II

5

Answered . A lot will depend on what estate planning documents are in place and whether you have knowledge of all the estate planning documents your husband had. While this question seems simple it is very complex. What are the future plans for assets. sounds like you nees to sit down with an attorney for an hour or so. Our firm in Johnson city does nothing but estate planning and I would offer any help I can. Ratliff law firm.

4. Edwin Arnold Anderson

Pro

Answered . If I were you, I would put in a call to John Kington. Good luck.