My husband attended his initial naturalization interview and the officer gave him an N-652 form that she did not make a decision

Orlando, FL |

My husband attended his initial naturalization interview and when he was handed the paperwork the officer remarked that he passed the test, but at the boxes at the bottom she marked she did not make a decision. I am not sure why since he had all of his paperwork submitted and he said the interview went very well. His attorney was present and did not advise him on anything. Should we be worried or is this the normal procedure? Also, the online case tracking on the uscis website did not progress and it still shows that he needs to attend the interview, as if the officer did not submit his paperwork or whatever happens in this case. Is this normal too? How long does it take until it shows that he passed his naturalization test?

You should consult your attorney who knows all the facts of the case and attended the interview.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

It could simply mean that your husband's background clearances are no complete, or it could mean something more significant.

Generally, CIS does another security check and the officer needs to obtain supervisory concurrence before issuing a decision. You may want to check with your attorney if you have concerns. Notification usually comes within 30 days.

321.208.7324
immigration@rbrownllc.com
www.brownimmigrationFL.com

Robert Brown LLC
Baldwin Park
4767 New Broad Street
Orlando, Florida 32814

Hello. This is becoming a common occurrence in Orlando immigration office now. They no longer hand you the oath ceremony notice and want to review the file in its entirety before making a decision. Or sometimes there may be some issue. Was there a potential issue in your case that you know of? You may want to consult with an experienced attorney about your case. Regards.

Do not worry. This is typical. Often an officer must allow a supervisor to review the decision. My colleagues are also correct.