My husband assaulted me Im pressing charges, im pregnant and want a divorce can I get a retainer

Asked about 2 years ago - Houston, TX

my husband assaulted me and is being charged with state and my charges- assault family choke which is a third degree felony. Im 35 weeks pregnant and im not working ofcourse he is an engineer with a 10k monthly income and because he was released on bond I left my home im scared he will follow through with his threaths of to kill me. I moved away from my home in and came to stay with parents in I want a divorce not only because I fear for my babys life and mine but because of his infidelity, physical, mental and emotional abuse. I dont know who I married really I dont I found out through the DA that he has 2 previous assault charges and he is on steriods he is very violent and unpredictable. How hard would it be to put a retainer to get a divorce?

1. James Regan

Pro

2

Answered . Use Avvo to find divorce attorneys in your town. In Florida, Attorneys can move for attorney's fees in Florida, and also temporary alimony. Consult the attorneys in your town you find on Avvo to see if here are similar rules in your State.

2. Bobby Lee Warren Jr.

Answered . If you do not have access to sufficient community resources to hire an attorney, the court can award attorney's fees and, possibly, temporary spousal support, while the divorce is pending. In order to obtain these funds, however, you would need to ask for temporary orders which would include these forms of temporary support.

3. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

1

Answered . See a family law attorney. Do not know why the DA did not ask for a protective order which is good , I believe, until the case is over.