My husband and I were on vaacation and was hit by another car. Their fault, per police statement. Our car was totaled.

Asked almost 5 years ago - Westminster, MD

We had to rent a car, had alot of pain and I went to the ED, X-rays, with brises to my breast bone. We were on vacation but could not do what we had planned to do because we were recovering from the pain. We are 700 miles from home, no family in this area, and feel we are getting the run-around by the other drivers insurance-they do not return our calls.
Can we collect for pain and suffering?
Can we collect for time lost even when on vacation? We have planned for this vacation for over 6 months and now cannot enjoy it.

1. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . I suggest that you retain a personal injury attorney in the state where this incident occurred. In the interim, do not give any statement to the adverse insurance carrier nor give them access your medical records until such time as you have retained your own attorney and have had a chance to speak with him or her.

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.

2. Howard Robert Roitman

Pro

Answered . Get a lawyer right now. the insurance company will screw you otherwise.