My husband and i were marrried in 89 split up in 2010 with no contact we live in different states

Asked about 2 years ago - Laurel, MS

my husband and i have been split up 3 years we live in different states with no contact couldnt work things out no kids or marital assets what do i need to do to file for divorce

Attorney answers (1)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Get him to agree and sign a joint complaint, property settlement agreement and final judgement.
    File the Complaint. Wait 60 days. Present the signed Agreement and Final Judgment to the Court. You should hire a lawyer. If it's as cut and dry as it appears it will not be too expensive.

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

No-fault divorce

A no-fault divorce is one in which all that is needed to end the marriage is a claim, by either spouse, that the marriage has broken down.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,910 answers this week

3,719 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,910 answers this week

3,719 attorneys answering