My husband and i have been married nine and a half years.We are now separated.I am on anziety medications, depressents.

Asked over 2 years ago - Manchester, OH

He is not providing transportation for me.I have very little food.What are the chances of me getting alimony.i have no job.Also he is living with another woman.I am from ohio.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Howard M Lewis


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . I am sorry that you are going through this. It sounds like you woudl qualify for some sort of spousal support. Most states have alimony or spousal support guidelines that are fairly easy to follow and in fact if you "googled" divorce attorney alimony in Manchester OH" you might find an attorney that has the guidelines on his or her website. Additionally my collegue gave you great advice, in that the state may have some help for you. I do wish you well and I hope things get better, please continue with your Dr. and take your medicatin as prescribed and with time and work you will be ok. Take good care.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more
  2. Inga L Stevens

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I am not familiar with Ohio law, but in general courts use a formula to decide whether alimony should be awarded, and if so, how much. In general, the judge looks at the income of both parties, each person's income potential, the length of the marriage, etc.

    Contact your local human services department and see if you are eligible for any assistance. Also, if you are going to file for divorce, you can also ask for interim spousal support.

    You should contact a local family law attorney, or legal aid for some help. Best of luck to you.

    Attorney Inga Stevens is licensed in Maine. She provides general information on No attorney-client... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,546 answers this week

3,057 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,546 answers this week

3,057 attorneys answering