My husband and i have been married nine and a half years.We are now separated.I am on anziety medications, depressents.

Manchester, OH |
Filed under: Divorce

He is not providing transportation for me.I have very little food.What are the chances of me getting alimony.i have no job.Also he is living with another woman.I am from ohio.

I am not familiar with Ohio law, but in general courts use a formula to decide whether alimony should be awarded, and if so, how much. In general, the judge looks at the income of both parties, each person's income potential, the length of the marriage, etc.

Contact your local human services department and see if you are eligible for any assistance. Also, if you are going to file for divorce, you can also ask for interim spousal support.

You should contact a local family law attorney, or legal aid for some help. Best of luck to you.

Attorney Inga Stevens is licensed in Maine. She provides general information on Avvo.com. No attorney-client relationship arises out of the information given here.

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis

Very good advice

I am sorry that you are going through this. It sounds like you woudl qualify for some sort of spousal support. Most states have alimony or spousal support guidelines that are fairly easy to follow and in fact if you "googled" divorce attorney alimony in Manchester OH" you might find an attorney that has the guidelines on his or her website. Additionally my collegue gave you great advice, in that the state may have some help for you. I do wish you well and I hope things get better, please continue with your Dr. and take your medicatin as prescribed and with time and work you will be ok. Take good care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

J. Richard Kulerski

J. Richard Kulerski

Excellent answer.