My husband and I divorced in ohio. My husband's corroborating witness was someone he knew and I didn't .

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

This was done at the final hearing where I was not needed to attend. Was this witness legal since I didn't know them?

1. Jonathan Hackworth

Pro

Answered . Ultimately, this question is likely better posed to Ohio attorneys since it potentially invokes Ohio law, but that being said if the witness had persobal knowledge as to what he/she was testifying to then it does not sound like there is an issue. Good luck

2. Brenda A Drake

Pro

Answered . Corroborating witness to what? That he was a Ohio resident? Shouldn't be an issue. Since you say that it was the "final hearing," I'm guessing you had a Consent Agreement signed so this witness didn't impact anything, did he/she? Whatever the case may be, your divorce is in Ohio and you'd be best to post your question in the Ohio forums.