My husband and I divorced in ohio. My husband's corroborating witness was someone he knew and I didn't .

Orlando, FL |

This was done at the final hearing where I was not needed to attend. Was this witness legal since I didn't know them?

1. Ultimately, this question is likely better posed to Ohio attorneys since it potentially invokes Ohio law, but that being said if the witness had persobal knowledge as to what he/she was testifying to then it does not sound like there is an issue. Good luck

This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney advertising. Rather, it is offered solely for informational purposes. The facts of each case are different and unique, it is critical to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under attorney-client privilege, so that competent and quality advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions

2. Corroborating witness to what? That he was a Ohio resident? Shouldn't be an issue. Since you say that it was the "final hearing," I'm guessing you had a Consent Agreement signed so this witness didn't impact anything, did he/she? Whatever the case may be, your divorce is in Ohio and you'd be best to post your question in the Ohio forums.

This response is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney to fully discuss your issues.