My husband and I are separated, and I want to evict him. My name is on the lease, how do i evict him?

Asked about 1 year ago - Grants Pass, OR

Separated couple, house is in wife's name, is located behind her work.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Troy Austin Pickard

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The first question is whether wife truly is the sole owner. She may not be, even though the house is "in wife's name."

    But let's pretend that wife is the home's sole owner. The next question is whether husband is a tenant. Only a lawyer can tell you for sure. If husband qualifies as a tenant, wife must follow all of the rules in the Oregon Landlord-Tenant Act if she wants to kick her husband out.

    If husband does not qualify as tenant, this would be something that divorce court could help with, if your separation goes that far. Otherwise, you may need to file a lawsuit against him for ejectment.

    Portland Defender
    1001 Southwest 5th Avenue #1100
    Portland, OR 97204
    (503) 592-0606

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now