My husband and I are filing for bankruptcy in two weeks. Are there overseas travel restrictions? Plan to travel in June.

Henderson, NV |

Visiting family in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia in June.

NO, but a quesiton of funds may arrise in certain circumstances. This is not an immigration quesiton.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

I agree with my colleague. Not United States immigration question; it may be a Singapore, Hong Kong or Australian Immigration question however.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.

You should check with a consulate of the country you are going to. I do not think it will make a difference...

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

If you are filing for bankruptcy, how is it that you have money to pay for this expensive trip?

First, the firm is a debt relief agency according to the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. We help people file for bankruptcy. We also do other stuff and we do it well, but Congress wants me to post this notice. Second, nothing on this site is legal advice. You are not my client unless you enter into a written agreement signed by you and me.

You need to be available to appear for a hearing in the bankruptcy court on a date to be determined once you file. You may also be questioned about expenses that appear to be extravagant which could prevent you from obtaining the benefits you may be seeking through bankruptcy. Hope this perspective helps!

First, it is imperative that you appear at the 341 Meeting of Creditors, the date of which will be assigned when your bankruptcy petition is filed. If the date falls within the period of this trip, it will not be the best thing to explain to the trustee that you can't make the hearing because of an extravagent trip.

Also, if you are filing for bankruptcy, how do you have the funds for the trip? The cash you have on hand and money in your bank account will have to be disclosed during the bankruptcy, and you will have to explain.

Plan carefully, consult an attorney prior to filing, and good luck.