My husband and I are considering separation. We have grown apart and have fallen out of love. still are the best of friends.

Tampa, FL |

I have stage 4 metastatic melanoma. An my co-payments are more than we can handle. I am on disability but only receive 700 a month. Our children receive no money. Because of his income I do not qualify for medicaid or any financial help. We struggle from month to month. My diagnoses of melanoma that is most likely terminal. So I would not want to divorce because He wouldn't be entitled to any benefits upon my passing. I have a 17yr old that he has raised and his 16yr and we have a 9yr old. Because of my finances I would be unable to afford my own place. But if his income wasn't counted I would qualify for more assistance and medicaid. eliminating my outrageous co payments. He does support our children. But my medical bils leave us with months of no food and basic necessities.

Also would he be responsible for child support and alimony? I don't want to cause him stress because he is a hardworking man. That tries to provide the best for his children

You can agree to almost anything, although you can't waive child support, because that is not really your right, it is your children's right. Why don't you try contacting Legal Aid in your area to see if you qualify for their services and can get some specific advice. Here is a link:

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

Recommended articles about Divorce