My husband and his San Mateo County, Ca. divorce lawyer has been lying from the beginning and even in court.

San Carlos, CA |

Husband has given me nothing for the house, NO rent or CP: he takes & spends however he choses to from CP always controlled by my husband; insists I give up my separate property to community to settle.While I didn't have an attn. he took me to court for not "properly presenting" docs my husband had had for months and attn. refused to look at. He lied to judge about that & my offer to "meet and confer" which attn. emailed me was useless unless I paid him money for taking me to court. I was too dumb in court, don't think judge read docs I sent. When his attn. then presented me with lying, insulting interrogatories. I got my own attn.It's been lots of money, disc. interrog, requests from us, stalling, stonewalling from them and 1 year with no progress.
How can I get the liar investigated?

1. By liar, you mean your husband or his attorney? There is no one to investigate your husband. If he has lied, all you can do is present your side to the Judge and he may or may not do anything about it based on the strength of your evidence. As far as the attorney, you can file a complaint with the State Bar but I will tell you that a complaint about the attorney on the opposite side of a case will not get very far. People complain about the other sides' attorney all the time. You would have to have some pretty good evidence of wrong doing by that attorney before the State Bar would do anything.

2. You did well by finally getting an attorney. Follow the attorneys advise, get ready for trial, rehearse your testimony, and do well at trial. That is the result you really want. Then life goes on. Be realistic, who says "what a wonderful divorce I had"? There are execptions, but not many.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.