My husband & have been married for 28 years. I want a divorce. We are buying a home. Who stays in the home while it sells?

Asked about 1 year ago - Portland, OR

I have temp. custody of my 2 grand daughters, from a previous relationship. When the conversation comes up he says hes not leaving. He cant afford to pay the bills without me.

1. David Alexander Browde

Pro

3

Answered . To answer that properly would require more information than you provided.

2. Diane L Gruber

Pro

1

Answered . Both of you can live in the house during the divorce, and up until it is sold. The divorce court is not likely to make either one of you leave. Your next step is a private consultation with a divorce attorney. Good luck.

3. Jonathan M Corey

Pro

1

Answered . You should invest in a consultation with a divorce attorney so that you can go through the various issues and develop an appropriate strategy.