My husband & have been married for 28 years. I want a divorce. We are buying a home. Who stays in the home while it sells?

Portland, OR |
Filed under: Divorce

I have temp. custody of my 2 grand daughters, from a previous relationship. When the conversation comes up he says hes not leaving. He cant afford to pay the bills without me.

Both of you can live in the house during the divorce, and up until it is sold. The divorce court is not likely to make either one of you leave. Your next step is a private consultation with a divorce attorney. Good luck.

Be sure to designate "best answer." Please be aware that each answer on this website is based upon the facts, or lack thereof, provided in the question. To be sure you get complete and comprehensive answers, based upon the totality of your situation, contact a local attorney who specializes in the area of law that involves your legal problem. Diane L. Gruber has been practicing law in Oregon for 27 years, specializing in family law, bankruptcy, estate planning and probate. Note: Diane L. Gruber does not represent you until a written fee agreement has been signed by you and Diane L. Gruber, and the fee listed in the agreement has been paid.

To answer that properly would require more information than you provided.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

You should invest in a consultation with a divorce attorney so that you can go through the various issues and develop an appropriate strategy.

Recommended articles about Divorce