My hubby got sentenced 2.5 yrs in prison & he's done 64 days how much would he do if he does 85%? Also is there a 90day kickout?

Tucson, AZ |
Filed under: Criminal defense

Its his first time getting in trouble & its a none dangerous crime

What was his non-dangerous offense that drew a prison sentence of 2.5 yrs. for a first offense? And if this is his first time, why are you calculating it at 85% ?

He has a (none dangerous) aggravated assault with a deadly weapon for 3 people so they ran it all together & gave him 2.5 yrs

But it is his first time getting in trouble & we didn't have enough money for a good lawyer

85% of 2.5 years comes to 2 years, 1 month, 15 days.
Subtract the 64 days he got credit for from that.
The Department of Corrections allows some inmates to have a "90 day early kick out." You will have to check with them on that.

My colleague in California was wondering why you are calculating 85%. Arizona prison inmates are allowed to be released to "community supervision" (formerly known as parole) once they have completed 85% of their sentence. There are some crimes that must be served flat. Also there are some circumstances where they are allowed to serve 50%. I suppose the people in power in Arizona (and their out-of-state consulting corporations) come up with these numbers with an eye toward maximizing revenues for the prison industrial complex and the contractors, financiers, banks, and politicians who are heavily invested in it.

NONE OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HERE IS MEANT AS, NOR INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE. THE LAW IS CONSTANTLY CHANGING AND INFORMATION DISCUSSED IN THIS BLOG CAN BECOME OUT-DATED WITH THE PASSAGE OF TIME. IF YOU HAVE A LEGAL ISSUE AND NEED LEGAL ADVICE, CALL 623-936-1901 FOR A CONFIDENTIAL LEGAL CONSULTATION WITH AN ATTORNEY.

The reason why i asked was because they said he has to do 85% of his time then can get out on parole maybe? So i dont know much his lawyer hasn't told me anything

Your husband can get released after serving 85% of the sentence if he has good behavior. If the conviction was for a Class 4, 5 or 6 felony (non-dangerous felony) then he would probably qualify for an additional 90 day early kickout. As soon as he gets to prison, they will calculate his earliest possible release date so he will be informed what that date will be.

Thank you :)

He has a class 3 non dangerous aggravated assault with a deadly weapon