My hubby got sentenced 2.5 yrs in prison & he's done 64 days how much would he do if he does 85%? Also is there a 90day kickout?

Asked about 1 year ago - Tucson, AZ

Its his first time getting in trouble & its a none dangerous crime

1. Paul E Knost

3

1

Answered . 85% of 2.5 years comes to 2 years, 1 month, 15 days.
    Subtract the 64 days he got credit for from that.
    The Department of Corrections allows some inmates to have a "90 day early kick out." You will have to check with them on that.

My colleague in California was wondering why you are calculating 85%. Arizona prison inmates are allowed to be released to "community supervision" (formerly known as parole) once they have completed 85% of their sentence. There are some crimes that must be served flat. Also there are some circumstances where they are allowed to serve 50%. I suppose the people in power in Arizona (and their out-of-state consulting corporations) come up with these numbers with an eye toward maximizing revenues for the prison industrial complex and the contractors, financiers, banks, and politicians who are heavily invested in it.

2. Kristen M Curry

3

Answered . Your husband can get released after serving 85% of the sentence if he has good behavior. If the conviction was for a Class 4, 5 or 6 felony (non-dangerous felony) then he would probably qualify for an additional 90 day early kickout. As soon as he gets to prison, they will calculate his earliest possible release date so he will be informed what that date will be.

3. Douglas Holbrook

3

Answered . What was his non-dangerous offense that drew a prison sentence of 2.5 yrs. for a first offense? And if this is his first time, why are you calculating it at 85% ?