Skip to main content

My house has been in foreclosure for 4 years. I have tried short sales, signing In lieu of deed, I don't know how to close this.

Irving, TX |

I use to get phone calls from them with an auto attendent giving me a phone number to call. You call they validate your current information, then transfer you to someones' voicemail that you never hear from. They changed the locks on the doors of my house so I can't get in. I'm still on the tax roll, so I get fined by the city for vacant house, yard, pool, etc. I'm unemployed so I can't afford much for legal advice. Where can I get help?

Attorney Answers 2


Try the link to legal aid type contacts in Texas.

Mark as helpful


You get fined from the city because you are still on the Deed. There is no legal action you can take to force a third party to foreclose or put their name on the Deed.

Disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted in the States of New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts only and make no attempt to opine on matters of law that are not relevant to those three States. This advice is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation. Facts and laws change and these possible changes will affect the advice provided here. Consult an attorney in your locale before you act on any of this advice. You should not rely on this advice alone and nothing in these communications creates an attorney client relationship.

Mark as helpful

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics