My house has been foreclosed...now what? How long do I have before I have to move or can I save my house? Can I save it?

Kingwood, TX |

I lost my job and couldn't make my payments, I stopped paying in 06/08. I managed to do small jobs and managed to have monies to restart making payments in 11/09. I called the mortgage company asking to resume paying and work out the past due later but they wouldn't accept my payment. I left contact information but no one called me back. I prepped to leave the house but really wanted to stay in it and called to see if something could be worked out in 04/09 and found out it had been foreclosed. Can I save it and if not, how long before I have to move? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

These comments are made for educational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client relationship exists between us.

Some lenders will file eviction actions with the court and you will have as long as it takes to get to hearing to move out. That could be a month or more. Other lenders will pay you to clean up and get out by a date certain, usually 30 days.